General Summary: Works under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse and provides respite care and homemaker services for non- institutionalized clients at their place of residence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Performs duties as outlined on service plan or documents reason for non-
2. Documents services provided.
3. Safely and responsibly performs assigned work.
4. Performs variety of respite and homemaker care activity including:
b. meal preparation
c. client shopping services
d. simple meal preparation and feeding
5. Provides respite services for caregivers.
6. Serves clients selected by supervisor.
7. If assigned duties require driving a vehicle while working, a valid driver's
license from the state of residence is required.
9. Maintains inter- and intradepartmental work flow by fostering a spirit of cooperation.
10. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
11. Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the
discretion of management, formally or informally, verbally or in writing.
This job will do the following Regularly (67-100%)
Seeing: Must be able to read various documents and/or use computer/and or
Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with co-workers and/or clients and/or public/and or others.
Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: Must be able to write &/or type and/or use phones.
Working Conditions: Work may be performed in an unsanitary environment without access for the physically impaired.
Note: The statement herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Physical ability to work as a In-Home Attendant as documented by a physician.
Displays ability to read and write.
Displays ability to do simple math.
Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
Displays ability to positively work with clients, fellow employees, and other people dealing with the Agency.