General Summary: Works under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse and provides independent living services for non- institutionalized clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Performs duties as outlined on personal care plan or documents reason for
2. Documents services provided.
3. Safely and responsibly performs assigned work.
4. Performs variety of personal care activity including:
b. oral hygiene
c. meal preparation
d. client shopping services
e. assisting with ambulation
f. assisting client to chair, bed, commode
g. assisting with giving bath
h. giving skin care
i. simple meal preparation and feeding
5. Provides respite services for caregivers which may include personal care
activities for clients.
6. Serves clients selected by supervisor.
7. If assigned duties require driving a vehicle while working, a valid
driver's license from the state of residence is required.
8. Maintains inter- and intradepartmental work flow by fostering a spirit of
9. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
10. Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at
the discretion of management, formally or informally, verbally or in writing.
You will do the following Regularly - 67-100%
This is a Safety Sensitive position.
Seeing: Must be able to read various documents and/or use computer/and or
Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with co-workers and/or clients and/or public/and or others.
Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: Must be able to write &/or type and/or use phones.
Working Conditions: May perform job duties in unsanitary environments without access for the physically handicapped.
Note: The statement herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be constructed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
$9.25 per hour for the majority of work in Randolph County
Nursing Assistant or Personal Care Aide Certification (One (1) year of work experience as a nursing assistant or personal care aide in a nursing home, hospital or home health care may be substituted).
Displays ability to read and write.
Displays ability to do simple math.
Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
Displays ability to positively work with clients, fellow employees, and other people dealing with the Agency.
Physical ability to work as a independent living assistant as documented by a physician.